Our new normal
Jessi started her new gluten free for life diet about 2 weeks ago. The transition wasnt too bad on her, much easier then I expected. Restruants are still hard for us, but we are getting there. Several restraunts actually have a gluten free menu onl ine. (steak n shake, outback, bonefish grill). The manager at the local sonic (Chris) is great. He lets us get a hotdog kids meal even though there is no such thing. Jess likes most of the special cookies, muffins, and gf snack that she has. I am also impressed with how many regular food dont have gluten. We have also noticed a big difference in her. She isnt as whiney about leg pain, her overall bratty behavior is lessening, and she just seems overall alittle happier.
We had yet another 504 meeting yesterday. They had 5 nurses!! there, 2 cafeteria people, 3 504 people, the principal, teacher, and student teacher. plus our attorney, Matt and myself. The acutaly eligilbity part went rather quick, less then 5 mins and they determined she is eligible (duh!). The accomidation part is taking awhile longer, and after 2 hrs we decided to call it a day. They all signed off on the paper,but I said I didnt want to until I made sure it was all we needed. Glad I didnt sign it because I have went back over it. It says Jess is to avoid sweets.. and that is just absolutely wrong! I think withe alittle tweaking it will be good to go.
Jacob has his school play this weekend. We all went last night, and I will go again tonight. It was really cute, not too long. They all did a great job. It was a combination of Suessical Musical, Annie, and School House Rock. The kids have been working on it for months.
We are starting to get organized for our annual JDRF Walk. If anyone would like to join us on Team Jessi, please let me know. Or if you would like to donate, that is always appreciated. I am working on a video to email out also. The kickoff luncheon is next week. Last year we rasied over $5000... This year, I want to make it $6000+. I also want to get walk shirts for our team. I need to work on finding a place to donate them.

1 Comments:
well she lives!!!
Glad Jessi is doing so good with her new diet........and life at the Miller home is good in general~
See ya soon :)
Post a Comment
<< Home