Whoe would have thought grocery shopping could be so fun!!
A week or so ago a friend sent me a link to look at some pictures of peoples kitchen pantries. They were stacked full with food, health & beauty supplies, clearners, etc. I mean FULL. I was so jealous. My cabinets were bare!. So Nancy gives me the link to the grocery game. After looking at it for awhile, I signed up for the 4 week trial. Basically, you pick the stores you want, and then this lady puts together a list for those stores. The list has items that range from great deals to free bewteen the sale ads and coupons for that week. I was so anxious to give it a try. So, this morning I went to get a paper, cut my coupons, printed the list, made my shopping list and off I went. At the grocery store, I spent $54 and saved $58, while at the drug store I spent $12 and got $100 worth of product!!! I have a 3rd store, a grocery store, but the list hasnt been updated as of yet. I cant wait to go there later this week to get the things I need. THe story goes that if you do this for 12 weeks, you will have a nice stockpile in the pantry to only need to buy the great deals. After week 1 i am impressed. I had origianlly said i would do 12 weeks and then see, but I cant see the bad side to this.
Oh, we finally got our new dryer. I cant remember if I said before, but our dryer broke and Matt finally decided it would be betetr to just by a new one. I love it. I didnt realize how hot the other dryer was until i have used the new one all day.. We had the other for 13 yrs.. it didnt have fancy features ( i dont think wetness sensors were out then, and if they were we couldnt afford it).. The new dryer has a sensor setting, and when it senses the clothes are dry it stops. No over drying like we had before.
In an effort to declutter and organize this house, i hauled 3 HUGE bags of clothes to the car tonight to take to good will.. Also, i have a small student computer desk for $20 if anyone wants it. It is just a few years old and is in near perfect condtion.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home