Sickness Sucks!
This last week has been horrible..Nonstop sickness from one to the other.
Started last weekend with Joey. He ran a 102-103 fever but no other symptoms. His throat hurt alittle. So I made an appt expecting to be told it was just viral. No, he had strep! So he is an amox for 10 days, no school till wed (which turned out to be a snow day)
Tues evening, I am at a dinner seminar and feel a fever come over me. BS my way through that, get home, and sure enough, I am running 102. I start mortrin right away, I have to get my hair done the next morning.
Wed I go to visit Norman at 7:30 in the snow, thankfully with motrin in full force, and i felt alright. Come back to get the kids who are home since 5 snowflakes stuck to the ground. Drop the Kids at me boss's house to play while I go to work for a few hours. By 2pm, my fever was in full swing, no relief from motrin. I head to get the kids, and home to bed.
By thrusday morning, my fever was 104!! I am plain miserable. Matt helped get the kids up and took them to school. I collasped back to bed. Went to visit the dr. The diagnosis, either the flu, a virus, or pneumonia. Off I go for a chest x-ray. Dr calls at 6:30p, no results from the xray yet, calls in tamiflu just incase.
Friday, I wake up with a fever still, and my left ear is clogged. Dr calls at 10ish to say eray is clear, stay on tamiflu. Great, so i tell her about me ear. Take sudafed. By 3pm, I was in so much pain, couldnt hear in my one ear, literally dropped to the floor in tears it hurt so bad. So I call the Dr back. 6p, the nurse calls, dr sayd take the other sudafed, and calls in a pain killer. Get drugged up by 6:45 and seems alright. Till 9pm...Then I felt nasuea. As soon as I moved, I would start to vomit. Finally got settled back into bed. Then I wake up, and there is pick stuff draining from my ear. I go to take more meds, and vomit again. I was in so much pain by now too, and just miserable. I told Matt something wasnt right. Off to the ER I go. 2 hrs later, I am home with zofran, augmitin, and a ruputured ear drum. I stayed so dopped up on mefs I cant remember Sunday much.
Somewhere in this mess, Matt and Jacob start running a fever too. I cant tell you if there was other symptoms with their fevers, I was so out of it.
I went for a followup today at my dr. She said the rupture is one of the largest she has seen, and I go back in a few weeks to see if it will heal on its own, or if I need to see an ENT dr. My cough is now horrible, worse then before. She said my lower lungs sound "something".. possibly because I am not taking deep enough breaths ( since that makes me cough). SHe said I need to take deep breathes, or my bottom lobes may collaspe? Dropped the scripts at the pharmacy and it was an hour wait! so I got some otc to hold me over till i get a good cough med after matt picks it up.
PLease pray that my eardrum heals itself quickly and all will be well soon. Pray that Jess continues to avoid all this mess and stays healthy, and the rest of use get over it soon with out relapse.

2 Comments:
Holy cow girl!!! When you do it you do it all.........hang in there and call me if I can do anything :)
Hope you are all well by now!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home