Adjusting to the new schedule
Things finely seem like they are falling into place. There are still somethings I need to work on this week, but I am not stressing about it.
1. We need to try to get out of the house about 5 mins earlier on school days. We arent late enoughto make us late, but 5 mins earlier would cut out alot of the school traffic and make things alittle smoother. I plan to do this by getting backpacks and lunches ready the night before.
2. Dinner & bedtime. We have got to stop eating fast food on practice nights. We arent getting home till after 8:30, then they eat, shower, homework, and bed. The plan it is to do crockpot meals, so we can get home closer to 8, the boys can shower as I get dinner out, sides made, etc.. then eat, and start homework. Hopefully we can eat healthier, and get to bed atleast by 9:30.
3. Picking up. We have been doing better at keeping things picked up..not perfect but better. I dont realy have much of a plan to get better, just more of making this a habit. It helps that I know the house cleaners will be coming every other week. Having a clean house just reliefs so much stress.
4. Laundry.. This is my worse area. I will wash, dry and even fold clothes but they never get putaway.. So instead of concentrating on gettnig them all washed, I am going to try more of getting 1 load done and put away. I will try to do this by having the boys start a load when they get home from school, I will through it in the dryer before practice, and fold put away when we get home. 1 load between the 4 of us shouldnt be too bad.
The kids having been doing good at school. Jacob is loving middle school. Joey had a slight issue at school last week, but it was handled great and hopefully it will be the last problem we have. Jessi loves her teacher. I think we got all the diabetes stuff worked out pretty well for now.
Football is going well. Joey won his game this last week 12-8, while Jacobs team lost 6-7. Not sure how we are going to work out some the schedule for some of the games, but we will figure it out.
We are counting down the weeks till Matt will be home with us again for good. I will admire the single parents who have to do this week after week on their own.

2 Comments:
Good Luck on your plans. Having a plan is the first step!
Wow Tam has a plan....now if you had only seen me yesterday your life would be complete LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home