Tammy's life

Saturday, May 10, 2008

God is good

Just a quick update from my last post... Jacob does have a girlfriend!!

I have been looking for a summer nanny again. Our girl Jenny from last year is getting married and starting a teaching job, so she will be busy this summer. I got alot of response for it, narrowed it down to 2 that I liked to interview. I loved both of them and would have been happy with both, but I offered it to the one that seems to have been sent by God.

While at bible study/book club the last 2 week, we were added to the pray list to find a nanny. I believe these prayers have been answered.

I got an email from Jessica M (same last name as ours) that was interested in the job. I met her yesterday for lunch to interview her. She gave me her resume, and I asked her to tell me about herself. As she was talking, I was looking at her resume. Alot of swim instructor, etc. She only had summer jobs as she is still in college. I get to the communtiy volunteer/events sections.. She has things such as childrens nursery at church, habitat for humanity, etc. Then there is also JDRF (juvenvile diabetes research foundation) and Sugar Bugs diabetes day camp counsler!!! I was shocked. I interepted her and asked her to tell me why these were important to her. Her sister is diabetic!!! Her dad is on the board at JDRF, they do the JDRF walk that we do, etc!! She understands what lantus is and what bolus means, what highs and lows are, etc. Then I told her Jess also has celiac. Her roommate has celiac so she gets it too!!

She is the sweetest girl, we really hit it off. She has accepted the position, contingent that she gets along with my kids. She is going to babysit one evening next week. I am sure they will love her as much as I do. an the added benefit, maybe she can teach Jess to swim! lol

3 Comments:

At 2:14 AM, Blogger HJ said...

That's Great!! I hope she works out!!!

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger HJ said...

That's Great!! I hope she works out!!!

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Angie Morris said...

Hope the nanny worked out, maybe we could share LOL

Now update your dang blog........do you still smell like dog puke LOL

Missin ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home