WOOHOO It is ordered!
I called minimed yesterday morning. They took our info, my credit card#, and should call in a few days with the expected day to receive it. They have to send something to the dr for a script.
I also sent the dr an email giving her a heads up to look for it, and to be aware I am sure the school will have major issues with it. I plan to start working on the "orders" for the school, and then will send to the dr to sign them.
I talked to another mom is this school district whose D was also denied a 504 and given an informal plan. She has a meeting in may to update the informal plan. I told her that she should have no problem now getting it changed to a 504, and if she did to let me know. I hope she doesnt have an issues with it, and I am able to see my fight do good for someone else.
I think am I going to start printing all the research articles, studies, etc about the CGMS, along with our graph from when Jess used it last week and send it all to insurance telling them why she needs its. I cant remember how many times we got either a predictive low or low alarm. Most the time she can catch her hypos, but sometimes not until they are severerly low. If I can get them to reimburse then great, if not well it really is a cheap price to pay for givng her alittle better life.
In other news:.. My mom had surgery yesterday morning. It went well and she should be coming home today. If you all can just keep her in your prayers for a quick uneventful recovery.
I am on the lookout for a summer nanny. I havent heard back from Jenny (the girl from last year). She is graduting college and getting married all in the next few weeks, so I am sure responding to my email is the least of her worries.
Matt is going to be going working out of town alot this year. At first, starting the end of this week, he will just be gone 2 days are so a week, but as the year goes on, it will eventually be that he will be living in MS. and of course it will be during football which really sucks!

1 Comments:
Hi Tammy,
I am glad you ordered the CGMS for Jess! It sounds like she will do great with it! Good luck!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home