When it rains it poors!!!
So I posted that things were going along so well... so much for opening my mouth ( and no i didnt say big mouth!).
1.A few weeks ago, Matt was taken tot he ER with what seemed as a heart attack. Thank God it wasnt, but it was a rather violent panic attack. The kids and I rushed to Birmingham where he was. That was a tuesday. Come home that wed, to the family dr thrus. Er thrus night, family dr friday, and family dr again finally tues. After 2 ekgs, stress test, and vairous bloodowrk, we have ruled out all other possible causes. H is now on some meds to prevent the attacks, as well has something to take if one comes on.
2. Things were going great with Jessi's new cgms.. Then, 2 weeks ago, after we put in the last traumatic arm sensor, we have somehow misplaced (aka lost) the inserter. The freaking inducer needle is HUGE, and there is no one i want to poke it in to Jess manually. So after searching the house, I called our local Minimed rep. He was on the interstate, stopped at our exit, and 5 mins later I met him at the gas station. He gave us a new one, no big deal. Saved a mere $14 but more importantly I will have the cgms on our trip to Ohio tomorrow.
3. Now, the worst news. My dad called Sunday morning. My 2nd cousin, 11 yr old Payden, unexpectdely passed away Saturday. He was at a Boy Scout camp in Ohio. He really wanted to earn his hiking badge. He was on a hike with his troop, wen he became overheated. They gave him water to cool him and to drink.. He collasped. At 6:15 they called 911, and at 7:30 he was pronouced dead. I only got to meet Payden a few times in his short life, but one of those times was for 7 days on our cruise back in October. He was such a happy helpful kid. I am in shock, and more so upset for my family. I cant imagine what my cousin (his mom) is going through. My aunts are all torn up.
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080623/NEWS01/806230305&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL Here is an article about what happened.
The kids and I will be heading to Ohio either tues night or wed morning for the services.
Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.

2 Comments:
OMG Tam that is horrible! Big hugs and prayers for them!!
And happy birthday to Joey tommrow :)
Tammy - I am so sorry! That is awful... I'll be praying for your family.
Post a Comment
<< Home