Tammy's life

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Nice weekend to end a good week.

Doesnt it feel good when you stand your ground and actually get something changed? I know in the last blog I mentioned there was an issue with the top nurses at school.. Long story short ( as short as can be) they were trying to say that thier protocal was that is a kids pumpsite feel out, the parent had to be called to come change it. Now, if the site had to be injected into a vein, or something that may be hard, i would understand that. But the site simply goes in to fat, very simialr to insulin injections that the school nurses are allowed to do. So I get into with the nurse that I already dont care for. I told her I wanted to see where the county school system had another 5 yr on an insulin pump with this issue. I know they probably couldnt find one because the majority of the kids see the dr at Vandy, and Vandy discourages the pump before the age of 7. So after a few calls and some not so nice words, Animas ( the pump maker) is not only training the nurse at my school, but also will be training ALL County school nurses on May 1st. I feels good to get something changed, so in the future other parents wont have to go through the same crap.

Work went great this week. I was able to get a lot of training done, we are a step closer to getting out own office, and I feel like I almost know alittle of what I am doing. Eric and I also got to sit down and go over the clients. He took his, I got the list of the ones that are mine, and then we have the list of the others that we just let sit there..lol

Friday night, Christie called and was getting new to her furniture, and she knew I loved the chair and ottoman she had so she offered it to us. We went over less then an hour later and got it. I love it.

Saturday we just stayed home.. I did some cleaning and laundry. The kids played outside the whole day. Sat night Joey went with his friend marcus for a few hours, and Jacob stayed over at his firend Johnnys house.

Sunday, Matt is fishing, the kids have been outside, and I have been lazy! I got sunburnt sitting outside watching them on the trampoline. Then I took my kids and the little neighbor boy Noah for ice cream. I am making a bacon/cheeseburger roll for dinner. I need to get things ready for school tomorrow and then I am gonna lay around in my new chair!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home