Life is good!!!
I cant believe how smoothly ( for the most part, had a bit of issue with the school but i will get to that later) the trasnition has been for me going from sahm to working fulltime.
The job is absolutely the best.. Great pay, good benefits, and it is my dream job. Edward Jones was #23 in the top 100 best companies to work for, and #4 in the top 10 companies that encourage balance bewteen work and family!! and I must agree. Eric ( my boss) is just awesome! He has let me leave on the days i needed to, lets the school call as much as they need, and sends me home early a few times wtih pay!
The kids absolutely LOVE the afterschool care program. Joey has been great there. I was so afraid of him adjusting but he has done awesome. They adore Jess and spoil her as much as everyone else! They do great with her diabetes too. The school Nurse, Susan, always checks on Jess before she leave for the day, around 4:30.
Now as i said, I had a bit of issue with the school..The school nurse (susan) is just awesome!! She has been all year. She uses her gut feeling for a few things and calls to tell me what she is thinking and then i make the change if i need to verbably. Never had a problem with her. Well then the nurse supervisor ( margie, who happens to be from Stewartsboro that I cant stand. I didnt like her 2 yrs ago when i was at stewartsboro and i still very much dislike her) starts poking into jessi's files and causing trouble. Then she gets the big Nurse boss ( liz) involved.... Margie tried to say she called Cincinnati drs and that they said the orders were completely wrong for taking care of Jess, etc.. I knew that was absurd so I called and talked to the NP we see, and she said she hadnt heard from anyone, and that my orders were great and that if anyone did call her, she would stand behind me 100%. She thinks it is great that my school nurse is so wonderful and that I am so comfortable with her.. Unfortunately, I dont think Nurse Susan we get to be at the school next year. I think this is all deeper then I know, and it is a personality conflict with the supervisors and Susan. Its Susan's 1st yr with the county, even though she has been a nurse for 30 yrs and worked for Davidson Co until now. I am gonna be so sad if she isnt back next year, and that will just cause more worry and work for me. I just hope if a new nurse is there she is a great as Susan.
There is more to the school story, but I gotta run so I will tell ya that later. I am going out with a friend tongiht. Working full time has really cut into my social life!!. 2 weeks till my girls weekend in Gatlinburg, and i can do some major catching up!

1 Comments:
Big Hugs Tammy! I'm so glad that you don't let that mean ole nurse bully you around. It is as though she is taking a stick and poking at you. Don't worry, someone will come along and cover her up. You are such a great and strong Mom!
Post a Comment
<< Home