Wish us luck
Jessi and I are in Ohio today for her diabetes appt. I am not really looking forward to it today. She has to get her flu shot, which hopefully will not affect how she feels for the ride home this evening. She also has to have her annual blood test done. I hate this as well, because until it comes back saying her kidneys and thyroid are normal, I always worry something else will come back. (although I dont think Hasimotos can be worse then D and celiac.). They are going to draw another celiac panel to make sure I am not screwing up her diet too bad. I am not hopeing for a negative result, just better then it was (she was over 100+, normal is under 8..so I will be happy with something in bewteen). If I am screwing it up too much, then I will have to meet with the dietican again. I am not too worried about it, because we have been careful. Thankfully Jess has adjusted to this new normal life rather well. Unfortunately, it is taken me longer to accept it. and to top off what I expect to be an unpleasant appt, she will have her a1c done. Last time we had a new lower best ever a1c of 7.5. Today, I am fearing it will be over 8.5. (the lower the better) We had a rough start with the school year, and football season always throws havoc into her blood sugars. I know Nancy (the dr) will not harp on it, and will tell me to stop blaming myself. She is good like that, but the mommy guilt overrides all of it.
The boy shad their last football games for this season. Joeys team was in a playoff. They lost, so they are now out for the season. It was a fair game, and they just didnt play as well. Jacob was in a bowl game. They unfairly lost 13-7.. the real score should have been a win for us 13-6. THe refs were horrible. One of the other teams touchdowns, the runner ran out of bounds (by about 3 feet) right in front of the ref and they never called it. Then, one of our touchdowns was called back for holding or push in the back, on #11.. WE DONT HAVE A #11!!! Needless to say the refs couldnt tell us who the penelty was on, but they still wouldnt give us our touchdown. I am glad the season is over, but will miss it all the same. We still have their banquets to go to for the next 2 weekends.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home