Tammy's life

Thursday, September 18, 2008

blackberry and emotional

This is a 2 in one post.

1. I finally got caught up with technology. I got a blackberry!! OMG it is so great. I didnt realize what I was missing out on. We also got all the kids phones now. Matt got a voyager and then we played musical phone swap. Jacob and Joey have phones mainly because they go home afterschool alone. There was a situation a few weeks ago (did I blog about that?) and Jacob's bus was 2 hours late getting home, and we were never notified from the school. Now he has his cell in his backpack and can let me know of these things. Jessi got a phone, because it is the glucophone, so she will use it as a blood sugar meter, then her phone will text me what her # is. This will be good for me because if it is off for some reason, I know to expect a call or I can call the nurse and tell her what to do.

2. Now for the 2nd part. I dont know what is up with me this year with the JDRF walk. This is our 5th year to walk and never before have I been emotional about it. I have days where I am made at the world because epopel can just give $5 to show Jess support, but complete strangers are donating $10-$25. It isnt the money that counts. For Jess, she loves when I tell her someone is sponsering her. You should see her face. It just lights up. She doesnt know how much the $$ is, she doesnt even really understand the whole concept of a cure.. she just knows that someone is being there for her. Then I have days where I look at those who have donated and I just cry. Sarah sent me a dnoation right away, like she didnt have to think twice. She has always been like that, always there for me. She has been one of my bestest friends since we were 2 yrs old or younger. My good friend Hiedi also donated to us. She used to live across the street from me growing up (and was in my wedding). Then 2 of my cousins have donated. I never expected that and it just means the world to me. I started crying when I got the email today that my cousin Peggy donated. Jessi's school nurse from 2 yrs ago that we adored donated. Then we have our team. Amy doesnt have to walk with us, and she walks for her dad who passed away 3 yrs ago from complications, but the fact that she chooses to walk on Team Jessi means alot. and the Merritt family is walking with us. They are neighbors of ours whose son also has Type 1. 2 other neighbor families are walking with us also. They arent collecting money, just walking and being their for us. When I ordered team shirts this year, I had to get 40 shirts for people walking with us. Those 35 people walking with Team Jessi leave me speechless. Some of them are walking for Ryan on our team but its just the fact that they will be at the walk supporting diabetes that means alot. I know there are alot of people who would love to walk with us but grographically they arent able to. Their emails of support mean just as much to me.

2 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Angie Morris said...

Big hugs and YA on the blackberry.....now we can chat while we "work" LOL

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Amy said...

well you know that diabetes is close to my heart for personal reasons, but even if it wasn't, i would be there for jessi, and all of you who are there on a daily basis to help and support her! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home