Thanksgiving...
Well, turns out I will be working wed thrus and friday so we wont be heading north to spend it with family. That has me alittle sad, but atleast Matt will be home and we can share it as a family. We will be having turkey, sweet potatoe casserole, green bean casserole, rolls, cranberry sauce, and some sort of a pie. I am sure we will watch a ton of football.. and hopefully get the christmas decorations up.
I am so thankful this year for my family and friends. I have been so blessed with such a great family and wonderful, long term friendships. Someone asked about the best childhood memory. I got thinking through all my memories and I can't come up with just 1 best one. I have had such a wonderful life.
I can remember playing cards with my papaw when I had to stay home sick from school . I remember his eggs and popcorn.. The BEST by far.
I remember my grandma and her dolls.. Lordy she had cases and cases of collector dolls... and her ice cream.. She gave me my love for ice cream.
I remember always sitting on the couch with mom watching tv, and going to all the comptetions. She has always been there for me.
I remember always helping my daddy. I know now what I a pain i was more then a help but he never said that.
I remember sharing a room with my sis, just cuz we wanted to, and spending late nights talking with her.. and eating raw cookie dough while mom wasnt home.. and cruising BK..
I remember playing dolls at Sarahs all the time.. I thought it was so cool cuz we were allowed to play in the car. ( till she started it once and her dad came running out) I remember trying to break my leg the day of the car accidnet just so I could stay the night in the hospital with her. I remember the classes at the church with her. I remember the first place I drove by myself when I got liscense my was to her house.
I remember spending sun u p to sun down playing with neighborhood girls. Riding bikes all day long.
I remember making up silly shows in Heidi's back yard to "I've been working on the railraod" I remember waiting at the bus stop playing games.
I remember loving to spend the night or week with my aunts.
I remember spending night after night at my friends house my senior year. We had 14 snow days in a row!!
I remember being at Lisa's house during Hurrican Hugo, and she got stuck up to her knees in mud. Her mom was so mad.. I dont thikn we ever got her shoes out of the mud.
Oh my, i can just go on and on.. I am so thankful for all my memories!!!
I am so thankful that most of these people are still in my life today and I hope to continue making such great memories with them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home