Tammy's life

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Jess's Drs Appt

So we went to Cincinnati today for her appt. Her A1C has come down alittle (very little) to 10.1 9's are good, 8's are better but atleast we are heading in that direction finally. She has also gained 1 1/2 lbs in 2 months which is GREAT since she barely gained 1 lb in 2yrs. They put Elma cream on her arms before drawing blood. She did great, barely wimperd but didnt cry. Now we have to wait a week to 10 days for the results. I so pray it is just borderline still, I cant deal with another disease. For those that dont know, The last test in June came back borderline for Celiac disease. The only way to control it is with diet and to completely cut out gluten, which happens to be found in pratically EVERYTHING! so it isnt quite so easy. She already has to watch what she eats and check her sugars, get insulin, etc.. she doesnt need something else added to it. I know it is probably coming that she will have it eventually, as she has been borderline for 2 yrs, but I just dont want it now, lets wait 15 yrs!!

The boys are at football with Matt. Joey had a short practice and will be drafted tongiht, we should hear from his coach tonight. Not sure when Jacob team is drafting, but he was still practicing last I heard from Matt.

They kids and I are gonna get up tomorrow to go see the last day of the extreme home makeover. The Hawkins story really hit me hard. I have followed Amy's progress with the updates from her husband the last 3 months. I am so happy to see this happen for them. My kids just think it is so cool to see a tv crew filming, etc. I think it will be a great experience to see other giving without getting something in return.

3 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Amy said...

glad you're back safe...

good news about Jess, I really hope the other test comes back the same and not worse!!

missed you at football today...i like your hub and all, but he's no fun to talk to! LOL ;) well, that sounds bad, he's a nice guy and all, but he doesn't gossip, kwim? LOL

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger ashkaitnjakesmom said...

Wow Tammy!! I'm sorry about the worry your having. Big hugs for Jess. She's so sweet.

I will pray everything comes out ok. HUGS

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I pray that you get good news on Jess! Glad you are back, I have missed my girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home