Oh happy day
SO, we have been waiting since the beginning of Dec to be approved for a new insulin pump for Jess. They said about 2 weeks.. Never heard anything, so I emailed the dr again and waited. I finally decided to call Animas (the pump maker) myself.. They said they never recieved the paperwork from the dr. That was 2 days ago. Yesterday I got a call from them saying they started the process and sent the papers to the dr and insurance, and it would take about a week to get stuff back. I got a call this afternoon from them again, and it as been approved!!! It was ordered today and will be delived next wed!! I still have to get a call from the local rep to make a time for her to come out to go over the features and differences. This is such a great upgrade from the one she has now. It is kinda like computer, as soon as you get one it is an old out of date model. Her pump is 4 yrs old. We can only give insulin in increments of .1, the new pump allows it to be delievered in .001 so there is a huge difference and alot better control witht he new version. I need to order the colored coveres for ti so she can have pink and purple like she wants and a few pouchs to wear them in and we should be good to go next week. We have a $400 deductible, plus 20%, so we have to pay about $1300... the good thing is that once we get the new one, we can send back the old one and get a $700 credit for it, so we will only be paying about $600 for it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home