Where did january 09 go?
I didnt realizze how long I have been away. I guess that is what facebook will do to a gal.
So far, 2009 is going well.
Matt isnt working 40hrs at the moment. He has to take off a totalof 104 hrs from where he worked overtime in Dec. We excepted this, so it isnt hurting us too bad. We are actually enjoying it alot. He has been really helping with the kids, picking Jess up from dance, cooking dinner, etc. He thinks he will be going back to Alabama this spring.
Jacob is doing well. He is still enjoying the socializing in middle school. Now if I can get him to concentrate more on acedemics he would bringhome As instead of Bs. He currently doesnt have a girlfriend, and honestly I hope it stays that way for awhile. He begins off season workouts for school football in the next few weeks. He is trying to gain weight before tryouts in a few months. If he doesnt make the school team, he will play again for the Bulldogs.
Joey is chugging along. He is on honor roll again. He is a smart little guy. He also went the whole 6 weeks period with out pulling any cards (behavior things). He went to the dr last week for knee pain. Turns out he may have a torn menisucs. We were referred to an orthopedist and have an mri scheduled for next week.
Jessi is good. She is really excelling in school right now. I still have every intention to hold her back at the end of the year, but so relieved to see the progress. She is learning how to do more in care of her diabetes too. Its amazing to see this little girl become so indepenent with D care. Site changes and carb counting are the only 2 big things left.
As for me, I am doing great. I have stuck to my goals for this year. I have become addicted to working out (and facebook).. I have been going to the gym about 6 times a week. I try to get to spin class 5 days a week, and dothe elipitical the other day. Also do a few arm weigh machines too. I plan to start adding more weights and machines in the near future. I have also agreed to do the Music City half marathon!!! I think I have a few people who doubt I can do this,which makes me all that much more determined to prove them wrong. I will started my training program next week (I hope).
Jess, Jacob, and I have been going to church. I have also signed up for small group that starts next week. I am really looking forward to that.
Jess has an endo appt in Feb. in Ohio. the whole family is going up. That Saturday is my nephews b-day party. Then Sunday, we are going to IN to go snowtubing and maybe snow boarding. Jessi's appt is on Monday, then we will come home.
Anyone who knows me well, knows Type 1 diabetes is a huge passion of mine. I have dealt with this damn disease for 6 1/2 yrs. I have decided to make something good come from it. I am working on starting a Parent Mentoring program for the newly diagnosed T1s at Vanderbilt Childrens. I talked to a friend who is involved with a similar program at UMass Childrens, and coordinated some local D friends to help. I went with a friend to her son's endo appt last week, and we presented the idea to the endo. She LOVED it!!! I was so scared and nervous and expected to have to fight for this program. She is supposed to pass my info on to the proper person. I plan to call and follow up on it next week. When this program gets up and running, it will be one of my dreams come true. The idea is take the support to the newly dxd instead of just giving them the way to contact support and making them take the 1st step. Diagnosis is so overwhelming and your life is changed forever. The purpose of the parent mentor is to go into the hospital and let the family know it is okay, and they are not alone.
That is about all that is going on right now. I will probably be horrible at keeping this up to date since I think most people who read it are on my facebook. and if you arent you need to be.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home