Sad end of an era...
The past 3 football season, Jacob whole football career to date, he has had only 1 head coach, Tommie Miller.. Sadly this year he didnt get him. It wasnt that Tommie didnt want him but Jacob was actaully picked 1st round draft pick!!! Apparently his new coach was looking at "CC" kids from last year, along with the performance last week. That was the info I got from his new coach, then I talked with 2 other coaches. One of them had jacob picked for 2nd round, and Tommie was taking him 1st round but the new coach got first pick. So after the disappointment of not being on Tommies team, we started looking at the positives and went in with an open mind. Our friends, the Brown's, who have been with us the last 2 season are on the team, along with 2 other teammates from past season. Kathy Brown and I volunteered for team moms. The practice went well. There wasnt anything I didnt like about it, yet just gotta get used to a new team. We talked with the coach abit after practice about team stuff, but overall I think it should be a good team .
Joey team is looking at getting sponsors to get t-shirts for under their jerseys, lettering on the jerseys, etc. as well as IF they get enough $$ from sponsor to pay for it, they are going to register for a tournment in FLORIDA in November!! ALL EXPENSES PAID.
Both boys have games on Saturday, Joey is at 1:45, and Jacob is at 5:45. So we will be at the ball park all afternoon and evening.

3 Comments:
Wow girl! I don't know how you fit it all in! Congrats to Jacob!!
awww i am sorry you guys didn't get tommie, i know you really wanted to! but, we're still there, so we can have fun gossiping!!! and jessi and kenney can play and keep themselves entertained!!!
oh yeah, and i got a sit & stand stroller tonight so we can walk now
!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home