Ever step back to look at life...
so its been a few weeks since i lost posted.. get over it!!.. I am not that interesting, i promise.. Jess and I had our birthdays last week.. I am in denial about turning 30!! Jess o the other hand is thrilled to be 5... She tells everyone she is a whole handful now. She had a few friends over for a small b-day party.. While the girls were upstairs playing, I got to sit and chat with the moms ( my good firends) for a few hours.. It was really enjoyable.
Jess just went to the diabetes dr again yesterday. I set up an education appt too for my mom. She learned alot yesterday, but she still needs to get some experience so she wont freak at every little thing. On a good note, her a1c came down from 10.3 to 9.1, it is supposed to be in the 8s so we are doing much better.. and when we go for the next appt, we get to discuss pump options to get a new pump. I am so excited about that.
Football scene: Jacobs team has been knocked out of the playoffs, but they still have 3 regualr season games, plus probably a bowl game or two. Joey's team beat undefeated Brentwood 14-0.. They are such a good little team when they show up to play!
Now, to the topic of the blog.. While I was back in Ohio this past weekend, I got to visit with 3 old friends of mine and heard about another friend. THe one friend I have been friends with since we were like 3yrs old. We only talk every few months or so but we just pick up right were we left off and I still consider her a great friend. While I was visiting, another old friend from school was there (she was in my wedding 12 yrs ago and I dont think I have seen her since). It was so good to chat with both of them for awhile. Then I got to go out with my good friend 2 nights in a row. Even though we have only been friends 5 yrs or so, it seems like I have known her forever. We are really close.. Then a friend of mine that used to live across the street from me, we heard from her by mail. She got married a few weeks ago. I am so happy for her..
So, seeing all my old friends from childhood and my good friend that seems like i have known forever got me thinking. I remember playing with these people and spending sun up till sun down outside riding bikes, or playing tags, etc with these people.. much like my kids do now with our nieghbor kids. I didnt realize how lucky I really was to have great friends, and I hate that I have lost touch with some of them. I truely miss my old friends. It is weird thinking of us with familes of our own, and husbands, etc. We are going on a cruise next year and both of my childhood friends are thinking of going too. I really hope they do so we can catch up on the last 12 yrs.
I have been so blessed with a good childhood and so lucky to have such great friends.. then I get to thinking about my other good friends (a few online and my TN girls. ) and I am so thankful for all my friends.. It is so nice to have such a network of people I can turn to. THANKS GIRLS FOR BEING THERE.. Some have been there for 27 yrs and others just a year or so but you all mean so much to me!

2 Comments:
I'm so glad you got to reconnect with friends!! Good news for Jessi too!! She's so sweet.
Great news for Jess!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home